Island Air Charters has been providing air transportation to the Bahamas since 1986. They offer both scheduled flights and private charters to Cat Cay, departing from the Sheltair business and hangar complex at 750 SW 34th St., unit 106/108, Ft. Lauderdale, FL., 33315. For reservations and information, call (954) 359 9942 or (800) 444-9904 within the U.S. Private charters are available through Island Air. For more information about Island Air Charters, visit their website at www.islandaircharters.com.
Tropic Ocean Airways has started to offer limited scheduled service flights from their private terminal lounge at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport on peak holidays and weekends. Guests may also book year-round private charter flights on a seaplane or wheeled aircraft, and for frequent travelers, Tropic Ocean is offering a charter loyalty program.
- Complimentary valet service
- Agents to handle all luggage
- Avoid TSA lines
- Convenient boarding
- Executive-style seating
- Low-elevation aerial views
- Save hours in travel time
- FLL to Cat Cay per seat: $240 (includes all taxes and fees)
- Cat Cay to FLL per seat: $260 (includes all taxes and fees)
Prior to Holiday:
- FLL 3:50 PM – Cat Cay 4:25PM
- Cat Cay 4:55 PM – FLL 5:30PM
- FLL 7:30 AM – Cat Cay 8:05AM
- Cat Cay 8:25 AM – FLL 9:00AM
Schedule for 2018:
- February President’s Day Weekend – Feb. 16, 19
- April Easter – Mar. 30, Apr. 1
- May Memorial Day Weekend – May 25, 28
- July Independence Day – Jul. 3, 8
- September Labor Day Weekend – Aug. 31, Sep. 3
- November Thanksgiving – Nov. 22, 25
- December Christmas Holiday – Dec. 21, 24
- January New Year's – Dec. 28, Jan. 1
As safety is Tropic Ocean’s number one priority, their standard two-pilot policy, effective safety measures and precautions, and military run and operated culture, has awarded them the ARGUS Gold Rating for safety.
If you are interested in securing a flight with Tropic Ocean Airways or would like more information, please call 954.210.5569 or email email@example.com.
In addition, charter service is available from Tamiami Airport and Opa Locka Airport in Miami. You can contact Tropic Air Express at (786) 585-2398 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members and their guests with private aircraft are allowed to use our landing strip. The runway has been extended to approximately 1995 feet long and aircraft must be STOL type. A $50.00 landing fee is applicable.
Bahamas Customs and Immigration officers are on duty from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM seven days a week on the island. However, overtime charges may apply on Saturday, Sunday and Bahamian holidays and weekdays prior to and after normal hours of operation.
Effective January 2007, all U.S. and Canadian citizens arriving and departing by air are required to have a valid passport for entry into the Bahamas and the United States. Non-U.S. and non-Canadian citizens must have documents as required for international travel, i.e. valid passport with valid Visa, alien registration card. An import permit is required for all pets.